16 Jun How to Make Fairy Bread
Fairy Bread is a popular Australian treat! Even the name is magical, and inspires visions of kangaroos and koala bears. Soft white bread spread with sweet butter and topped with a generous amount of brightly colored sprinkles. Simple, fun, and brilliant. We know this is meant to be a treat for little fairy princesses, but we’re pretty enchanted ourselves!
We first spotted fairy bread on the Buzzfeed Australia video, and fell in love with the simplicity and the quirky Aussieness (is that a word?) of it. It’s a much-loved snack for children’s birthday parties, and people of all ages in Australia.
There are plenty of variations of Fairy Bread, but here is the classic recipe:
- Spread slices of soft white bread with butter or margarine.
- Sprinkle with candy sprinkles.
- Cut into triangles.
- Arrange on serving plate.
An easy DIY Australian Themed Date Night:
- Cook some shrimp on the barbie > Outback Steakhouse recipe here
- Enjoy some Australian Wine > Yellowtail is inexpensive & easy to find
- Rent the movie Australia or Crocodile Dundee
- Snack on Fairy Bread during the movie with your mate